The building was built by architect Fernando Guerrero Strachan in 1921. Five years later it was inaugurated by King Alfonso XIII with the name of Hotel Prince of Asturias and housed in those years many illustrious guests of royalty and European bourgeoisie.
During the Spanish Civil War, the hotel became a field hospital of the city, and remained so under the name of Military Hospital Miramar until 1939. After the war it continued its activity as a hotel retaining the name of Miramar. It closed in 1967 by the great economic difficulties. (more…)